Saturday, October 4, 2014

Past Cell Phones I have had 2001-2014

Cellular Phones of the Past (that I owned)

October 4, 2014


People of my particular generation have seen the drastic evolution of cell phones since the Nokia 5120 (The old Nokia bar phone of 2000), and I thought I would share with you the ones (good and bad) that I have had through the years. They really have come a long way, yet somehow I miss the simplicity they once offered, or perhaps I am just being swept down through memory lane. Here we go.

I go my first cell phone when I was 15 in 2001, it was right before my 16 birthday in September I think, yep, cause that was the month I got my first car. ( Which I will share down the road the long list of chunk bite i've taken from the auto industry HAHA)

A Nokia 5120, known to many at the time as well

 Next in 2002 I upgraded to the next popular flip phone at the time... The Motorola V60 

 Next in 2004, my Senior year in High School I got this lil phone, it was tiny, and my first phone to have color display, no camara, or bluetooth yet HAHA


I had that lil phone forever til the keys couldnt be seen anymore, I bought a Nokia 6101, this time this one had a camara, and I think the big thing was MP3 ringtones..... YEP! it was an ok phone to my recollection. Oh and mine was black too hehe



In 2007 I was dying (like everyone else) to get a Motorola RAZR so my mom bought me one for Christmas, gosh these were a piece of crap, but I still loved it


Next phone down the line in 2008 was a Nokia 2760, nothing special but was a durable phone I remember

Moving on to 2009 I bought my first touchscreen phone, I remember how excited I was, touchscreen was still relatively expensive so I remember paying out a lil on this one, it was the best phone ever too, it wouldnt die!


In 2011 Mom and I both bought new phones, I bought a Samsung Captivate with Android platform, and by far this was the worst phone in quality ever! lots of bugs for sure, cool looking phone though

After only having the Captivate a year, I bought a Black berry curve that was a few years old to go as a go phone, it was actually a good phone, mine was maroon, loved the color actually!



After it finally died I switched carriers to Metro PCS and bought a ZTE Avid with the Android 4.1 platform, it was a great phone, though still had a few bugs in it, OH it was also my first 4G LTE phone, that was great!



And finally to my current phone, a Nokia Lumia 521, its not my favorite out of all the phones I have had, but its doing the job kinda, it has so much potential but just not there. It is the first and only Windows phone I will have.

It still amazes me how just the phones I have had, have evolved just from my first Nokia in 2001. Technology is something else


No comments:

Post a Comment