Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Fair View on Child Abuse

A Fair View on Child Abuse

September 18, 2014


 If you knew me, you would know that while I keep up with main stream news ( Fox News Channel only), I could completely care less on keeping up with the stars, including athletes and musicians. 

This brings me to the recent news on Adrian Peterson, football star for the Minnesota Vikings team. He has been indicted for child abuse on disciplining his own child. Now before any heehaw starts here, I am not for beating a child for his wrong doings, I AM, however, for spanking a child, for his rightful punishment. There is a fine line between the both, a very large fine line. 

My mother, raised my brother and I with a leather belt and and few other objects of pain, she never abused us, if anything she spoiled us rotten, but we were still just the same, kids! I never once in my whole childhood thought I was being abused, because I knew that once I did something wrong, what the consequence once, of course, being a child, you tend to do something anyway just to try and get away with it, and don;t consider the severity of the coming punishment til it happens. 

My mother would literally wear my brother and I out with that belt, and Oh by the way it had metal decor on it, YES it hurt like crap, and she would leave marks, and whelps, but was it child abuse? NO! It was an appropriate punishment for her children that had done wrong! 

This politically correct gar-bage, that leaving marks on a child is ridiculous, now remember the fine line spoken of earlier! 

While I am not for what the media is reporting Adrian Peterson did ( the distance he went I mean,) I am appalled that the government, and other entities are sticking their noses (and should be rear ends) where they do not belong as usual. The government has this mentality that they literally can insert themselves wherever, whenever they want, and that is a major issue with me. 

I do believe, of course, Mr. Peterson, should be reprimanded for what he did to his child, but not interfering with his career, and public defamation. 

This kind of governmental abuse will continue til someone does something, period! My way of doing something is speaking out like this article, and I think many more should.
May I remind you of the generations before us who got punished much more harshly and when you went to school, the kids only knew you got in trouble at home, not that you were being abused! My mother, herself, has told me a few of the ways she, and her siblings, were punished, and it really was a lot worse than what I got. Yet, look at how much more of the percentage of those generations are more disciplined, and respectful. Its a complete opposite of the snot nosed brats you want to punish youself in the store, when they are throwing hissy fits, and bad mouthing their mother in front of God and everyone.

Bottom Line, dont assume a parent is abusing their child, just cause they may leave a mark (not bruises and hurting a child to to the point of medical attention). They have the right to discipline their child(ren) in a way they believe should be in order to correct a mistake, and punish them for something they did wrong. 

That is my opinion, and I am firmly rooted in it! 


Kory Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment